My employer, iCrossing, has opened a search for a new member for the Merchantize team. Here's the description. To apply for the position, visit http://www.iCrossing.com/careers, select U.S. Career Offerings, Jobs by Location, then Jobs in Chicago, IL.
We’re a people business.
People are the heart and soul of our company, working every day to make our clients’ marketing programs successful.
At iCrossing, we combine experienced talent with world-class technologies to efficiently create marketing programs that truly perform. With more than 620 professionals in 15 offices in the U.S. and Europe, we are equipped to service the digital marketing needs of large enterprises and growing companies alike.
We’re seeking the talented, the experienced and the exceptional to give our clients the most creative and successful solutions for an ever-changing industry. When we find them, we offer a dynamic working environment, competitive compensation, the opportunity to work on exciting client programs, and occasional bagels.
We are seeking a highly motivated and technically proficient JEE Software Engineer / Software Developer to work on our industry leading and mission critical Paid Media Management (Search Engine Marketing, bid management) product.
Features of the position:
• Work on a high-visibility, high performance product that supports iCrossing’s industry leading SEM practice in a growing and fast moving industry.
• Work closely with all of the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask, AOL) and their APIs.
• Work in a fast moving and forward thinking development environment that is constantly researching and rapidly implementing the latest technologies.
• Research and participate in the advancement and implementation of open source frameworks and architectures such as SOA/ESB, MapReduce, Grid and Cloud computing, and others.
• Work with an experienced Agile Software Development team in a highly collaborative environment.
• Modern Java Enterprise open source based product stack, Java 6, Spring, Hibernate 3, Webworks/Struts 2, JMS, JUnit, MySQL and more.
• Learn current software development best practices (continuous integration, build automation, test driven development, pair programming, agile estimating and planning, etc)
• Apple MacBook Pro, 24” widescreen monitor, IntelliJ or Eclipse.
• A casual, fun, and creative work environment
Major Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Write test driven quality code.
• Work closely with your dev team.
• Follow and encourage development best practices.
• Develop knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) principles and techniques.
Required Technologies (At least one or more of the following)
• SQL scripts
• Shell Scripting
• Webwork (Struts 2.0)
• Linux / Unix admin
• Junit (required) or TDD (preferred)
• Grid Computing (GridGain preferred)
Bonus Technologies (Preferred any of these)
• MySQL (especially advanced knowledge of replication, storage engines, backup and recovery)
• Data warehousing design concepts, ETL
• Mondrian OLTP
• Amazon EC2 / S3 / AWS
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience
• Understanding and/or appreciation for Agile software development methodologies.
• 1+ yrs of professional development experience.
• Familiarity with source control using Subversion
• Familiarity with IDE tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Must possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Good organizational and time-management skills.
Do Not Apply if you:
• Do not know Java
• Have no interest in Agile, TDD or Unit testing
• Are close-minded and don’t want to learn new technologies.
• Are more comfortable working on the same technology you did last year.
*ICROSSING IS NOT ACCEPTING RESUMES FROM STAFFING AGENCY PARTNERS AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU.